Why choose LED?
Twice as bright as standard halogen bulbs.
True tissue colour
LED light for perfect colour rendering compared to xenon halogen.
Wondering what the benefits are of using LED bulbs in your otoscope or ophthalmoscope?
- LED bulbs have a life expectancy of up to 50,000 hours! (To put it into context that is nearly 5 ½ years if it was left on continuously from day 1!)
- LED bulbs are unbelievably efficient! Virtually all of the energy they use is consumed producing light.
- LED are solid in construction and do not use a filament. This makes them virtually indestructible during normal use.
- LED bulbs have a constant light output meaning the performance will remain uniform throughout its lifetime.
- LED bulbs have a far lower operating temperature! Around 95% of the energy used by an incandescent bulb is wasted generating unnecessary heat.
- LED bulbs generally score higher marks on the CRI (Colour Rendering Index). This means they can produce a more accurate light for truer colour representation.
- Due to their incredible efficiency, LED diagnostic sets last up to ten times longer on a set of batteries.
- Greener! With less battery/bulb usage the LED sets are greener for the environment and far better on the pocket!
So, LED’s last longer, they are cheaper to run, they are far more efficient, they are more ecologically sound and they have very reasonable buy prices. The question is, can you afford not to consider LED?